It’s time for us to update our project map! Scribes has been on the move during the first half of 2017, with several content and research projects spanning the breadth of Asia. From super-fast trains in Thailand and online shopping across ASEAN to sidecar tours of Shanghai, here are 5 recent client assignments.
1) Infrastructure investment is a hot issue in South East Asia. We’ve been working on various projects, ranging from high-speed rail development in Thailand and Indonesia to hydropower plants in East Malaysia and the masterplan for an offshore ‘city within a city’ in the Philippines.
2) Pakistan is one of the world’s few remaining untapped tourism wonders, but political machinations and security issues have hindered its growth. We produced a detailed report assessing the challenges and opportunities for Pakistan’s inbound and domestic tourism sectors.
3) E-commerce players from China and around the world are going head to head in South East Asia to tap rising demand for online purchasing. We partnered with a European client to produce a series of features assessing the future of online retailing from Singapore to Vietnam and Malaysia to Myanmar.
4) Niche tourism providers are seeking to benefit from China’s ascension as a tourism superpower – and nowhere more so than on home turf. Domestic tourism growth in the first half of 2017 hit 10%, around double the expansion of Chinese outbound travel. During spring and summer, our team hit the streets of Shanghai with Insiders, an innovative client offering bespoke motorcycle and sidecar tours for a unique multimedia content project.
5) Asia’s hospitality expansion continues at a rapid clip – and Scribes’ bespoke travel and tourism brand Check-in Asia Hotels & Travel has been checking out some of the region’s hottest new hotel highlights, including The St. Regis Kuala Lumpur, W Shanghai – The Bund, Park Hyatt Hangzhou and Naked Castle Moganshan.